Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ain't 40 Sweet?

 
 
Ain't 40 Sweet?
 
 
My best friend since the 8th grade is turning 40 this week. My girl LOVES salted caramel, well , salted anything really.  I wanted to do something special without breaking the bank.  I found this recipe on pinterest, salted caramel sauce, and decided to make it. I was originally going to use small jelly jars until I remembered I had some of these old, brown, unused medicine bottles I had bought several years ago.
 
I started by making the labels by just printing them on avery business cards.I tried to incorporate the theme with the medicine bottle through wording. I then used my handy,dandy grommet tool to add some sturdy embellishments. I happen to own a lot of different color bakers twine so I did every bottle in a different color twine. I then printed out the ingredients on avery return address labels. I loved how they turned out.
Right after I added the heavy whipping cream.
It settled into the most beautiful caramel color. Go figure.
The "fun"nel part. In hind sight I should have waited to put the labels on.

Love all the twine!
The ingedients. No, its not really fountain of youth water.

1 comment:

  1. Darby, you are so creative and smart! Love the caramel sauce post. They look fab - and sound yummy! Looking forward to the March 30th event at Railroad Square! Love you. Mean it!

    ReplyDelete