Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thrift Find and Chicken Pot Pie

I went thrifting yesterday and found these precious individual casserole dishes. They are not Pyrex however, they mingle right in with my small,real deal collection.
I cleaned them up and had to use them. I used them today for lunch to make Lazy Woman's Pot Pie. It requires little effort. It can be adapted to things you may have on hand. Its cheap. Its good to have on a crisp, spring day.
Lazy Woman's Pot Pie
Use  store bought pie crust if you want a top and a bottom. For my little ones  made in picture, I had canned biscuits so I used that.
In a bowl I mixed 1 can cream of chicken ( I would have used cream of anything, really. Mushroom, celery, broccoli, potato,etc.)
To that I added 1 larger can of chicken.
Mix. Add seasonings. I added oregano, salt, pepper, thyme. Spoon into pie dish.
Top with pie crust or biscuits. I patted 2 biscuits together to make minis.                                                
Bake according to directions on packaging of crust or biscuits.
Enjoy!
*had to put biscuits back in oven for 10 minutes longer. The bottoms were raw. Maybe, next time I will cut into quarters and put on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment